I am behind having missed yesterday, so I decided to double up this morning! Turn offs and guilty pleasures are on tap for today, thanks to this challenge put on by Sharon’s Book Nook!
Day 6: Five Turn Offs
- People with negative/bad attitudes – I try to live my life in a positive way, and when I am around people who constantly complain, it really drags me down. Also, when people simply have a piss-poor attitude in general, I find it difficult to be around them. I am not saying that I am above having bad days, because I have them more than I would like to admit. I am talking about those that it is ingrained in: sucking teeth at stupid things, rolling eyes and dismissive attitude when things are not exactly how they think they should be. I simply will not be associated with people like that anymore.
- Ignorant/Helpless People – I am not referring to those that have valid problems in life. Mental illness is something that I live with in a small capacity, and I know those that simply cannot help themselves because it is clinical. I get that. I am talking about those that CHOOSE to have others do everything for them. Lazy people. The whiners that expect hand-ups when they are perfectly capable of getting up and walking across the room to get something themselves. Also, I cannot take people who choose to stay narrow-minded and not entertain other sides of stories or situations. I am not saying that everyone should believe the same thing, I am saying just be open to listening to someone else without placing judgement. There is WAY too much of that going on in this country.
- Sheep – No, I am not talking about the animal. I am talking about those that follow a trend, rumor or otherwise, simply for the sake of fitting in and staying mainstream.
- Fake Celebrity – Kardashians, Hiltons, any reality show “celebrity” – what a false message they send young people about life. I have a difficult time thinking that Snookie has published TWO books. Since when is the television channel, TLC a reality TV station?
- Politics – Can we agree as a people who no matter who we vote in, they are going to suck at something and thrive at something? Why are we divided like we are? Vote for the least offensive and move on. If you don’t like it, run for office. It is as simple as that. I HATE political attack ads & people on their high horses.
Day 7: Four Guilty Pleasures
The TV Show, Dallas – I was so excited when TNT revamped this ’80’s television drama, and was equally devastated when I found out that they cancelled it after three seasons. Not only is the eye-candy good, but it was rich with nonsense and drama.
Grey’s Anatomy – Now, I did not begin watching this television show in real-time until a couple of years ago. I ended up catching up on it through a Lifetime marathon from beginning to end (at the time). Now, no one gets between me and my TV on Thursday Nights.
Carbs – Oh yes! That evil food product that everyone avoids! I love breads, chips, cheeses etc. Until the day that I am told that it is life or death to stop consuming this heavenly group of organic compounds, I will enjoy every single bite!
Music – Now normally this would not be considered a “guilty pleasure”, but I listen to EVERYTHING. You can walk into my office and hear anything from P!nk, Britney Spears, Foo Fighters, Barry Manilow, Metallica, Jay-Z, etc. I like to say that I have musical multiple personality disorder lol I enjoy it all!! So if you hear me singing Sweet Caroline, just join in 🙂